What is P43 Rail?
P43 Rail is a heavy-duty standard rail in China, similar to GOST R43 rail, commonly used in the railway industry or port crane rails due to its high load-bearing and pressure-bearing properties, making it difficult to twist or warp.
The standard length is 12.5m, material is U71Mn or 50Mn.
Chemical composition of P43 rail
P43 rail is made from high carbon alloy steel, with the following chemical composition for U71Mn material:
- Carbon (C): 0.65%- 0.77%
- Manganese (Mn): 1.10%- 1.50%
- Silicon (Si): 0.15%- 0.35%
- Phosphorus (P): 0.04%
- Sulfur (S): 0.04%
- Other elements: 0.20%
Mechanical properties of P43 rail
- Minimum tensile strength: 500 MPa
- Minimum bending strength: 420 MPa
- Minimum elongation: 14%
P43 rail is widely used in the following areas:
- Making internal cargo transport rails, mining, minerals, or factory cranes.
- Making cargo sliding rails, and temporary transportation roads.
- Making industrial frames for the production of machine parts and accessories.
Notes for using P43 rail
When using, it is important to note the following:
- P43 rail must be stored in a dry, cool place, avoiding contact with water and chemicals.
- Before use, it is necessary to check the quality carefully, ensuring that the steel is not rusty or warped.
P43 rail is a type of steel with many advantages such as high hardness, durability, high load-bearing capacity, and good resistance to environmental impacts. P43 is widely used in many fields, bringing high efficiency.