What is steel rail?
Steel rail is a type of steel bar that has a long, rectangular cross-section in the shape of an I or U. It is used to install railway tracks, and tracks for specialized vehicles such as cranes, trolleys, and locomotives, etc.
This type of steel has the ability to withstand force, impact, friction, and high pressure, and therefore has good durability and hardness. They are produced from iron ore, through the processes of metallurgy, hot rolling, cold rolling, and heat treatment, to create different types of steel according to different standards and specifications.
Steel rails can be classified according to various criteria, such as weight, size, shape, material, standard, and application. Here are some of the most common and widely used types:
- Light steel rail: This type of steel has a weight of one meter less than or equal to 30 kg, often has an I shape, and is used to install temporary transportation tracks, tracks for specialized vehicles in factories, construction sites, mining areas, etc. Light steel rails typically have materials made from Q235 or 55Q steel, with lengths from 6 to 12 m. Some typical types of light steel rails are P11, P15, P18, P22, P24, P30, etc.
- Heavy steel rail: This type of steel has a weight of one meter greater than 30 kg, often has a U shape, and is used to install railway tracks, main tracks, curved tracks, tunnels, or to make tracks for tower cranes, gantry cranes, etc. Heavy steel rails typically have materials made from U71Mn or 50Mn steel, with lengths from 12.5 to 25 m. Some typical types of heavy steel rails are P38, P43, P50, etc.
- Crane rail: This type has a square shape and is used to make tracks for factory cranes, gate cranes, and cranes, etc. Crane rails are typically made from U71Mn steel, with lengths that vary depending on the needs. Some typical types of crane rail are QU70, QU80, QU100, QU120, etc.
=>> READ MORE: P24 STEEL RAIL
=>> READ MORE: P43 RAIL
Table of standard steel rail specifications
|Steel rail||Weight Barem||Height (mm)||Width (mm)||Thickness T(mm)||Base Width(mm)||Length (M)|
|Ray P11||11 KG / 1 Meter||69.85||357||6.83||79.37||66 M|
|Ray P15||15 KG / 1 Meter||79.37||42.86||8.33||79.37||8 M|
|Ray P18||18 KG / 1 Meter||90||40||10.8||93.66||8 M|
|Ray P22||22 KG / 1 Meter||93.66||50.8||10.72||93.66||8 M|
|Ray P24||24 KG / 1 Meter||107||51.09||28||107.95||28 M / 10M|
|Ray P30||30 KG / 1 Meter||107.95||60.33||12.3||107.95||8 M / 10M|
|Ray P38||38 KG / 1 Meter||134||68||13.1||114||12.5 M|
|Ray P43||43 KG / 1 Meter||140||70||14.5||114||12.5 M|
|Ray P50||50 KG / 1 Meter||152||70||15.5||132||12.5 M|
Some Global Standards for Steel Rails:
- United States: ASCE 25, ASCE 30, ASCE 40, ASCE 50, ASCE 60, ASCE 75, ASCE 85, 90RA, 115RE, 136RE, 175RE.
- India: ISCR 50, ISCR 60, ISCR 70, ISCR 80, ISCR 100, ISCR 120.
- Japan: JIS 15KG, JIS 22KG, JIS 30KG, JIS 37A, JIS 50N, CR 73, CR 100.
- Germany: A55, A65, A75, A100, A120.
Steel rails find applications in various industries, including:
- Construction: Installation of railway tracks for specialized vehicles, facilitating the transportation of materials such as steel, wood, cement, containers, machinery, etc. They are also used for crane tracks, gantry crane tracks, and overhead crane tracks.
- Mechanical Engineering: Used in the construction of structures, frames, beams, columns, etc., for machinery, equipment, tools, etc., enhancing strength, stiffness, precision, and stability.
- Other Fields: Steel rails are used in agriculture, forestry, mining, transportation, tourism, etc., creating tracks for different purposes such as transportation, tourism, exploration, etc.
For crane rail pricing, it depends on the timing and the quality of the supplier. VINALIFT, as a leading non-standard lifting equipment supplier in Vietnam, guarantees the best quality. For inquiries and quotes, you can contact them at 0393416686.